Types of Information we Collect, How We Collect It, and How We Use It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of the Sites, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”Personal Information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as general demographic information regarding your geographic location, age, occupation, level of education, etc.; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Sites, your internet service provider, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The Personal Information we collect on or through the Sites may include information you voluntarily provide to us such as:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting information. We may also ask for information when you report a problem with our Sites.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our sites.
You may access, review, change, update or delete your Personal Information, request information about our collection, use and disclosure of such information, and request information on our policies and practices relating to disclosure of information to our service providers, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to these requests in accordance with the laws that apply to you. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Information by promptly notifying us of any changes to your information.
Your Personal Information which we processed prior to any request for deletion may not be deleted from our Sites’ system records but will be blocked from further processing without your permission. A request to revoke consent or block processing of your Personal Information may not apply to information collected by cookies or used internally to recognize you and/or facilitate your visits to the Sites, or to information we may keep to comply with legal requirements.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as necessary to facilitate your use of the Website.
As you interact with our Sites we may also automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Sites, including your location and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, customize our Sites according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to the Sites.
Cookies are small data files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive or to the memory of your mobile device through your Internet web browser (if you allow) that enables the websites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Most Web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being transferred, or you can choose to turn off all cookies with respect to the Sites via your browser settings. If you do so, you may not be able to access some features of the Sites.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties, except that non-personally identifiable demographic and other visitor information may be provided to Google Analytics or other third party service providers.
We also may transfer your Personal Information to third parties in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). You will be notified in advance of any rights you may have to block or object to this transfer of your information.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety, or to assist with any online fraud or cyber threats. Because our servers, which store your information, are located in the United States of America, your information may be available to U.S. government entities or agencies under a lawful court order in the U.S.
How We Protect Your Information
Third Party Sites and Links
Your California Privacy Rights; California Do Not Track Disclosures
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of certain of your Personal Information by us or our subsidiaries to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the about us or contact section.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). The Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
International or Cross-Border Transfer of Your Personal Information and Your Express Agreement
Protected Health Information